Thursday, December 15, 2005

Chapter 16

The Drakon and The Heir


Draco gasped as he saw an image of the Dark Lord standing right in front of him. 'He must have used the teleportation spell...' Draco thought. The teleportation spell was similar to floo-powder, only it was used amongst Deatheaters. What struck Draco odd, however, was Iman standing next to the Dark Lord. 'What on earth are THEY doing here?! Together??!! Certainly the most strangest couple I've seen...' Draco tried to fight back a smirk. "What are you insolent fools doing over there? Get up now!" the Dark Lord commanded respect wherever he went and right now, he did look extremely irritable. Deciding that it wasn't the best time for witty repartee, Draco obediently abided by the Dark Lord's wishes. "Did you just come into contact with someone who possessed Heir blood, boy? Why did it sting tonight? Who were you with?" the Dark Lord pressed for answers. Draco stood very still, trying to calculate his next move. He had no idea Lodina's touch was soo powerful. Just then, Iman spoke. "After the second task, he was no where to be seen my Lord. That's when the rest of us grew worried. When I felt the Mark sting, I felt obliged to inform you Master..." Iman started but was quickly cut-off by Draco. "I was having a walk with my dear Pansy..." Draco started, desperately racking his brain for excuses. "What is she doing over there boy? Explain yourself now! We don't want to get into anyone's bad books now do we? My patience is wearing thin..." the Dark Lord lashed out at Draco. Lying to the Dark Lord was no easy feat. Especially not when Iman was there to sod things in as well. The Dark Lord was also an accomplished Legilimens himself and could tell almost instinctively if anyone around him was lying to him. Draco had been practicing Occlumency to empty his mind so that it would be difficult for anyone to read into his thoughts. Occlumency was particularly useful whenever he had close encounters, such as this, with the Dark Lord. 'What is that fool doing? Didn't I tell him to let Crabbe and Goyle call the shots when I was gone? Must have reflected off his thick skull. We're gonna have a long talk after this!' Draco frowned as he finally found an excuse as to what had happened that night. "Pansy and me snuck out to Hogsmeade for a lil' party after the second task, my Lord. She passed out after three glasses of Gin with Dragon's Blood. As to why the Mark stung tonight, I have no idea, my Lord..." Draco gritted his teeth as he bowed down to the Dark Lord. The Dark Lord eyed Draco suspiciously, but after awhile, he had given in to Draco's alibi. "Very well. I know one of the Deatheaters have come into contact with someone who possesed the blood of an Heir or Drakon; or else, it wouldn't have stung this much. I will get to the bottom of this myself. You know why you're here don't you? You have a task to fulfill and I will be most displeased if it did not unfold according to plan... Crucio!" the Dark Lord hissed as he pointed his wand to Iman who was now writhing in pain as spasms of electric jolts shot up through his body. After a few seconds, the Dark Lord ceased his torture on Iman and spoke in a deathly tone. "This is only but a mere fraction of what I do to those who disobey me. I did not give your father powers just so that his son would ruin my plans. The time for you to prove your worth is drawing near. I suggest you concentrate on what you have to do instead of entertaining yourself." the Dark Lord paused as he gave a bemused but dark smile at Pansy who was lying on the ground. "Yes my Lord. I will not fail you." Draco said as he bowed down once more before the image of the Dark Lord vanished into thin air.

"Just what were you thinking Iman? How many times do I need to tell you that Crabbe and Goyle are in charge in my abscence? You weren't trying to get into the good books of the Dark Lord were you? Coz' from where I was standing it looked as if He prefered you to be his very own punching bag rather than a 'faithful servant'..." Draco smirked as he tried to get Pansy up on her feet. Iman tried to justify his actions but was silenced by Draco. "Help me bring her back to the castle will
you? Before Crabbe and Goyle start wondering where we are and summon the Dark Lord as well..." Draco said as the pair of them carried Pansy and left for the castle...

~-~

"OW! Harry! That was my foot!" Ron yelped in pain. Ron never liked going under the invisibility cloak as it meant that they had to thread carefully and silently without bumping into things. "I'm sorry Ron. Have you seen any sign of Lodina yet?" Harry was desperate. He felt responsible for Lodina. She was afterall his god-sister. If she had gone missing, how would he then face Sirius? "Harry! Over there, someone's coming our way! Can you make out who it is though? I can't really see. Your elbow's blocking my view." Ron said irritatedly as he tried to shove Harry away. "Ron! It's Lodina! Quick! We've got to get to her!" Harry said as both of them came out from under the cloak. "Lodina! Where have you been?" Harry said as he rushed towards her. Lodina was soo calm that it made Harry a little tense to see her. "Oh... I was in the dragon's den. I was talking to Agathos. He's really nice, isn't he Harry?" Lodina said with a queer smile on her face. Ron and Harry stood with their jaws gaping wide open. Lodina could communicate with Agathos? She was a Drakon too?

~-~

'I couldn't possibly be related to any of the other Heirs, could I? Daddy would have told me if I was related to any of them!' Lodina thought as she started to make her way back up to the castle. If she weren't related to any of the Heirs except Slytherin, that meant that...'I have Drakon blood?' Lodina got hit by a sudden wave of reality and immediately turned towards the dragon's den. If she really was a Drakon, there was only one way to find out...

"Come my child. I've been expecting you..." Agathos voice resonated in Lodina's head. 'You're talking to me? I can actually hear you? So I am really a Drakon?!' Lodina thought, staring in disbelief at the magnificent Norwegian Ridgeback wh
ich was in front of her. "Yes, you are. I could sense you in the forbidden forest. It was you who triggered the curse wasn't it? What's your name child?" Agathos piercing gaze was now fixed upon Lodina. "Er... yea... I'm Lodina. Lodina Verusia Black. And I erm... I think I need to go now. The others might be wondering where I've gone off to, you know... I wouldn't wanna cause any unnecessary panic. I guess I'll just go then..." Lodina started off when she heard Agathos regal voice in her head once more. "Yes. I daresay you've got your answer to what you've been seeking. Besides, I think Harry and his other friend are out there looking for you. I can hear them from here. You better take leave. I bid you adieu." Lodina smiled back at Agathos as she headed out of the dragon's den.

~-~

"You what? Ok. It's official. Harry, she's off her rocker!" Ron said in disbelief. He was convinced that Lodina was just pulling a fast one. "Ron. She's telling the truth. She doesn't know about me being a Drakon. She wasn't there remember? Lodina, what's going on?" Harry was now anxious to hear what Lodina had to say. Lodina bit her lip. "Oh! You know, I was wondering around after the second task had ended and well, i wandered into the dragon's den; and before you knew it... Viola! I was talking to Agathos! Funny actually. We even lost track of time!" Lodina managed a stifled laugh. She tried her best to sound cheerful but alas, Harry could see through her facade. He knew she wasn't being entirely truthful but decided to abandon asking her anymore questions. It was already late and they had to get back up to the Gryffindor Tower before anyone got wind that they were sneaking out of Hogwarts castle.

Back in the Gryffindor Common Room. Harry, Ron and Lodina were greeted by Hermione and Ginny. Lodina repeated what she had told Harry and Ron to both the girls before she decided to retire to bed. The day's even
ts had taken a toll on her and she badly needed some rest. She needed to organize her thoughts which were swirling in her head. As she was climbing the stairs up to her dorm, Lodina remembered something and her eyes lit up as she spoke, "Harry, I was wondering...could I borrow that book Daddy had given you?"

[Tonks was grooving to Queen's We are the Champions| ~ cynical]

~Nymphadora~


4:54 PM

Comments: Post a Comment
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com