Sunday, December 11, 2005

Chapter 14

Lover's Doom



"Potter's gotten himself a girlfriend? Great! Just what I need. To be stuck in the middle of a snogfest!" Draco thought to himself as he left the medic tent. Seeing Potter in love was the last thing Draco Malfoy had wanted to see in a time like this. Why didn't Lodina approach him? Or even congratulate him when he was back in the tent? She didn't even look in his direction for that matter and she acted as if she didn't know him at all! 'GIRLS!" Draco muttered as he wandered off aimlessly to the dragon's den. It was already late in the evening and Draco hadn't realised that it was nearly time for dinner. He made a detour for the castle when... "Draco! My Darling! I was soo afraid for you! You're not hurt are you?" Pansy rushed forward and hugged Draco. "Damn! I should place a tracking charm on her too. Maybe then I'd know when to run away." Draco thought as he cringed in disgust. But, Draco later dismissed that thought, seeing as how a Malfoy never runs away from anyone. Pansy was pretty and Draco didn't mind the attention he was getting at all. However, she just wasn't the one for him; besides, he hated the way she called out his name! Pansy also had an impeccable timing. Everytime she chose to smother Draco with butterfly kisses down his neck, Lodina would be right there watching their every move. As much as it pained him to see the hurt in Lodina's eyes, Draco could not bring himself to ditch Pansy and run after Lodina. It was already foretold that he had to be with Pansy and he did not have the strength to betray his father. The Parkinsons were Deatheaters who were loyal to the Dark Lord as well. Afterall, Pansy had a purpose to fulfill, and even though he despised every bit of her, Draco could not shake Pansy off. Even if he did try, the searing pain on his arm would be unbearable. The Dark Lord would certainly not be pleased if he, Draco, tried to disobey his direct orders. Pansy broke away from the hug and looked at Draco teasingly. "Draco, my love. You look like you're in desperate need of entertainment. Why don't we play a lil' game of bad school girl and naughty headmaster?" Pansy flirted with Draco as she took a step closer to him. Draco stood still. His hair covered his eyes and Pansy could not read his expression. Taking his silence as consent, she lept forward and threw herself at Draco. Draco was caught off guard as he fell backwards, holding Pansy by her waist so that she would not fall on top of him, but she reacted quickly. In one fluid motion, she straddled Draco engulfing him in a kiss. "Where did she learn moves like that? She's like a caged sex-demon!" Draco thought as Pansy pulled him closer. She reached for his shirt and started unbuttoning it, but Draco's hand was quicker as he stopped her from doing so. "Is something wrong?" Pansy asked, perplexed as to why Draco had refused her. "I don't feel up to it tonight Pansy. Maybe another time." Draco said as he straightened himself up. Just then he heard a twig break and a soft whimper. It was Lodina! "Damn!" Draco thought as he stood up, pushed Pansy aside and made as to move toward Lodina. "Don't! Don't come any closer Malfoy! You make me sick!" Lodina spat at him as she made a run for it into the forbidden forest. What was she lingering there for? Draco was pretty sure she had gone back to the castle with Ron and Hermione. Unless... "Draco, you idiot! Of course she wouldn't acknowledge you in the tent. Not in front of Potter and the others. She was waiting to get you alone!" Draco smacked his forehead as he tore after Lodina, hoping she would at least give him a chance to explain everything...

~-~

Why did he do this to her? Lodina wept as she sat on the steps leading down to Lover's Doom. Sirius used to tell Lodina of the numerous trips he, James and Remus made to Lover's Doom, let alone all the times Sirius used to bring her mother there as well. Lover's Doom was situated at the heart of the Forbidden Forest. She remembered it as if it were yesterday. "Why is it called Lover's Doom, Daddy?" Lodina would ask and Sirius would plunge into the long story of how a couple who loved each other very much had killed themselves at the very same spot as where the fountain now resides in, to escape the fates their families had bestowed upon them. It was even said that the fountain was cursed by the father of the girl who had fled with her lover, and whoever drank from the fountain would never love again and would eventually die a most torturous death. This didn't affect the magical creatures that roamed the Forbidden Forest of course. However, Dark creatures refrained from entering Lover's Doom as it was said to be a sanctuary for lovers, except for the whole curse of the fountain bit of course. Some say the ancient magic of love protects all those who seek refuge in that shrine. Lodina dried her eyes as she looked up to see a beautiful unicorn enter the shrine and drink from the fountain. She watched the unicorn as she tried to forget all that had happened that night.

"I knew I would find you here." Draco stepped into the shrine. He inched closer to Lodina. "Malfoy! What are you doing here? I can't seem to get away from you, can I? Oh wait! Why of course! You found me coz' you placed a freaking tracking charm on me!! You low-life creep!" Lodina said as she tried to remove the charm bracelet on her hand to throw it into Draco's face, but to no avail. "What did you do to this bracelet Malfoy?! Why can't I remove it? Is this another way of ensur
ing that you can keep an eye on me?? Why won't you just leave me alone!" Lodina screamed at him. "Could you stop yelling for a moment and listen to what I've got to say?" Malfoy started but Lodina cut him off. "Just because you're filthy rich, it doesn't mean you can get everything you want Malfoy. You treat people like dirt. Even me for that matter and there I was thinking that you might be the one for me. I thought wrong Malfoy. You're nothing but a perverted..." Lodina was cut short as Draco reached forward and put a hand on her mouth to shut her up. "Lodina, quit yelling and listen to me, will you? I don't love Pansy! She just sort of jumped onto me and I... OW!!" Draco jumped as Lodina bit his fingers. "You filthy rat! I can't believe I actually thought you were the one for me when there you go gallavanting with that slut!" Lodina yelled as she tugged at the bracelet once more. "Get this off me Malfoy. Do it now!" Lodina said murderously as she pointed her wand at Draco. "I can't. It's a bracelet with a binding love charm. No one can remove it. Not unless the person wearing it falls out of love with the person who presented the bracelet." Draco said as he tried to get out of the way of Lodina's outstretched wand-arm. "I don't care what it takes Malfoy. I will drink from this fountain if I have to! I don't want you to hurt me again. I regret ever falling in love with a pompous prat such as yourself!" Lodina said as she dipped her hand into the fountain. Just then, a silver dragon shot out from the bracelet. It covered Lodina's hand and no matter how much she tried to touch the water of the fountain, she could not! "Oh. I placed a part of my magic into that bracelet as well. Nothing can hurt you while I'm alive. It's old magic I learnt from one of my dad's books in the library..." Draco smirked as she watched Lodina tug with all her might at the bracelet. "You arrogant, self-centered bastard!" Lodina said as she reached forward and hit Malfoy in the face. Draco was taken aback. 'Sod it! That was two times in a row a girl has snuck up on me today!' he thought. "Lodina, who taught you to punch like that? Not bad for a girl I'd say." Draco said as he wiped off the traces of blood on his face. "Are you toying with me Malfoy? I won't be afraid to curse you into oblivion if I have to! Just stay away from me!" Lodina said, pointing her wand at Malfoy. "Why are you girls all the same? Why won't you stop yakking and just listen?" Draco had finally lost his composure.

"You started this Malfoy! I would have never looked your way if you hadn't seduced me into liking you!" Lodina spat at him. "ME? Seduce you? Oh
please! No one can resist the charms of a Malfoy. Not even you Lodina. Just face the fact and deal with it. You fell for my good looks and charm. End of story!" Malfoy said as he rolled up his sleeves in anguish. "Oh yea? Is that a bet Malfoy? I can resist whatever love potion you put on me." Lodina saw the shock written across Draco's face. "Yes. You think I couldn't smell a love potion when I came across one? I knew you were attempting to put that love potion in my drink. I can resist your so-called 'charms' any day Malfoy. Bring it on!" Lodina flared. "You asked for it Lodina. A Malfoy never walks away from a challenge." Draco said as he moved closer to Lodina and swiftly maneuvered her so her back was against the wall of the shrine.

Draco pinned Lodina's hands to the wall. Lodina yelped in pain as
his grip was tight and her bracelet was cutting into her flesh. "Is that painful? Not nearly as painful as how I've been feeling Lodina. You've been ignoring me, insulting me and even trying to 'curse me into oblivion' when all that I've ever done is love..." Draco said as he pressed his lips against hers. He could feel the tension in Lodina's wrists fade away as she slowly surrendered into his arms. Draco pulled her closer and Lodina melted into his kiss. He was too strong for her to resist and she loved him too much to turn him down. She had longed to be in his arms and now she got what she had wished for. She put her arms around his neck as she pushed back into the kiss. Draco pulled away from the kiss as he took a look at her. Her black hair shone beautifully in the moonlight. He held her hair back as he kissed her neck. He bit her softly and heard her moan with pleasure as she called out his name. He cradled her face in his hands and looked deeply into her eyes. She was everything he ever wanted and he wanted that moment to last forever. "Did I hurt you Lodina? I never meant to... It's just that..." Draco said as Lodina put a finger to his mouth and hushed him. She took his arms and placed them around her waist. When she touched the Dark Mark on his arm, a searing pain coursed through Draco's arm. "Oh god! Not now!" Draco winced as he fell to his knees. He was clutching his arm and was now in terrible pain. Lodina was shocked. "Draco! What happened? What's wrong?" Lodina rushed to his side as she cradled him in her arms. "Lodina, I haven't been truthful to you... I..." Draco started but stopped as another rush of pain pulsated through his veins. This time, Lodina reached out and took his arm which he been clutching beneath the other. Lodina gasped as she saw a bloodied Dark Mark etched on the underside of Draco's arm...

**This chapter is dedicated to Cissy and Lodina. May your passion for HP inspire me always... *smilez*

[Tonks was grooving to Nickelback's Far Away | ~ loved ]

~Nymphadora~

Comments: Post a Comment
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com